not signed in
You are here:
The Salty Dog
View Chat Message
View Chat Message
Return to Forum
Post a Response
(Level: 217.6 - Posts: 5920)
Mon, 9th Mar '09 9:35 AM
GOOD FACTS TO KNOW
Wow, who knew????
1. Budweiser beer conditions the hair
2. Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
3. Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes
4. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair
5. Elmer's Glue - paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off and see the
dead skin and blackheads if any
6. Shiny Hair - use brewed Lipton Tea
7. Sunburn - empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water
8. Minor burn - Colgate or Crest toothpaste
9. Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it!
10. Arthritis? WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too
11 Bee stings - meat tenderizer
12. Chigger bite - Preparation H
13. Puffy eyes - Preparation H
14. Paper cut - crazy glue or chap stick (glue is used instead of sutures at
15. Stinky feet - Jello !
16. Athletes feet - cornstarch
17. Fungus on toenails or fingernails - Vicks vapor rub
18. Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section
and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet. (Wow, and we drink this stuff)
19. Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also Kool Aid in Dannon plain
yogurt as a finger paint, your kids will love it and it won't hurt them if
they eat it!
20. Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee
21. Sticking bicycle chain - Pam no-stick cooking spray
22. Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands! Keep a can in
your garage for your hubby
23. Peanut butter will remove ink from the face of dolls
24. When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and
watch them slide on
25. Heavy dandruff - pour on the vinegar !
26. Body paint - Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in the
microwave, pour in to an empty film container and mix with the food color of
27 Tie Dye T-shirt - mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber
band around a section of the T-shirt and soak
28. Preserving a newspaper clipping - large bottle of club soda and cup of
milk of magnesia , soak for 20 min. and let dry, will last for many years!
29. A Slinky will hold toast and CD's!
30. To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with Colgate toothpaste
31. Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt.
32. To remove wax - Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it
will absorb into the towel.
33. Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with Peanut butter!
34. Baked on food - fill container with water, get a Bounce paper softener
and the static from the Bounce towel will cause the baked on food to adhere
to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent tablets , soak
35. Crayon on the wall - Colgate toothpaste and brush it!
36. Dirty grout - Listerine
37. Stains on clothes - Colgate toothpaste
38. Grass stains - Karo Syrup
39. Grease Stains - Coca Cola , it will also remove grease stains from the
driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from car batteries!
40. Fleas in your carpet? 20 Mule Team Borax- sprinkle and let stand for 24
hours. Maybe this will work if you get them back again.
41. To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little Clorox , or 2 Bayer aspirin ,
or just use 7-up instead of water.
42. When you go to buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever wondered
which is the freshest, so you 'squeeze' for freshness or softness? Did you
know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? Monday,
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day has a different color twist
Monday = Blue
Tuesday = Green
Thursday = Red
Friday = White
Saturday = Yellow.
So if today was Thursday, you would want a red twist tie; not white which is
Fridays (almost a week old)! The colors go alphabetically by color Blue-
Green - Red - White - Yellow, Monday through Saturday. Very easy to
remember. I thought this was interesting. I looked in the grocery store and
the bread wrappers DO have different twist ties, and even the ones with the
plastic clips have different colors. You learn something new everyday! Enjoy
fresh bread when you buy bread with the right color on the day you are
Don't forget Gatorade for Migraine Headaches. PowerAde won't work.
(Level: 226.1 - Posts: 1935)
Mon, 9th Mar '09 10:07 AM
Thanks, Marsha, I'm going to try a few
(Level: 63.3 - Posts: 1113)
Mon, 9th Mar '09 10:19 AM
Too bad that an eighteen year old girl in our area didn't know about the mayonnaise for lice idea, as she soaked her head in gasoline and a spark from the hot water heater set her on fire. Now she is in a burn unit with second an third degree burns over fifty to sixty percent of her body. Keep her in your thoughts as she fights for her life. charlotte
(Level: 36.5 - Posts: 22)
Mon, 9th Mar '09 10:33 AM
Thanks for the tips, poor girl i hope she survives.
(Level: 146.2 - Posts: 6093)
Mon, 9th Mar '09 12:26 PM
Thanks, Marsha! Always good to have around in case they're needed.
(Level: 67.1 - Posts: 4593)
Mon, 9th Mar '09 8:15 PM
I'm going to tape those inside one of my kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors. Great info!
(Level: 99.0 - Posts: 1139)
Mon, 9th Mar '09 10:08 PM
Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes. It is also good for pms, anger management, and depression.
By the way, Marsha, how does eating cool whip condition your hair? (Before anyone thinks I'm a total moron - I'm kidding. But really, on the rare occasions that I let cool whip in the house I will not be wasting it on shiny hair - that stuff is awesome!)
(Level: 141.7 - Posts: 3830)
Mon, 9th Mar '09 10:12 PM
Does the myonnaise give the lice heart attack and strokes like it does humans???
Return to Forum
Post a Response
Players Online (4:29 PM EST)
VIEW ONLINE PLAYERS
= Online player
Copyright © 2003-2017 Sploofus Holdings LLC. All rights reserved.
Legal Notice & Privacy Statement
Link to Sploofus