You are not signed in (Login or Join Free)   |   Help
Sploofus Trivia
Trivia GamesCommunityLeaderboardsTournaments
MySploofus
You are here:  Home  >>  Chat Forums  >>  The Salty Dog  >>  View Chat Message

View Chat Message



Pages:  1    


bbear
Bbear  (Level: 161.7 - Posts: 2301)
Wed, 14th Apr '10 11:30 PM

BAD, GOOD, BAD. I NEED MY FRIENDS

Jim's dad, as some of you know, died very suddenly 3 weeks ago. We went to Montreal and organized a lovely funeral. The day we left Jim's mom checked her self into the hospital for pain issues and an apparently bowel perforation.

In the meantime...our granddaughter Aurora Jade Wolf (check our her blog on aurorajadewolf.blogspot.com) was born Friday Night. Perfect. As some of you know, my son and d-i-law lost a baby four years ago in childbirth so that makes AJ just that much more important.

And...this morning at 5 AM, I put Jim on a plane to go back to Montreal because his mom is still in the hospital and not doing well and refusing surgery.

GEEZ!

Gary..(any any other medical personnel)....we have been told if she continues to refuse exploratory surgery to find the hole (currently on IV antibiotics/steriods) she has a 25% chance it will heal itself and a 75% chance she will die. Any thoughs?

tresgatos
Tresgatos  (Level: 204.2 - Posts: 4193)
Wed, 14th Apr '10 11:40 PM

Congratulations on your new granddaughter -- I'm so happy for you!

But I'm very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law's illness. Perhaps her refusing to have surgery has something to do with her husband's recent passing. I know this is a difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

-- Geri

alvandy
Alvandy  (Level: 229.6 - Posts: 7570)
Wed, 14th Apr '10 11:41 PM

Jim and you certainly have had some highs and lows recently. I hope you both keep your spirits positive regarding your mother [ in law].
I cannot offer medical advice but I will pray for her recovery.

ladyvol
Ladyvol  (Level: 205.4 - Posts: 5490)
Wed, 14th Apr '10 11:45 PM

Congrats on your new granddaughter...I bet she takes after her grandma right? Good looks and everything! I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law though. It could be that she is missing her husband and wants to be with him. I went through this with my mom when my dad passed away. So, I know where you are coming from. Maybe the birth of her great grandchild might bring her around. If there is anyway she can be talked into having the surgery then by all means try to get her to do it. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. What do her doctors think about the situation?
Vickie

gypsylady
Gypsylady  (Level: 142.7 - Posts: 6057)
Thu, 15th Apr '10 1:06 AM

Congratulations, Beth, on your new granddaughter! I wish you the best with your mother-in-law and hope she makes the right decision to get better.

Marilyn...

jeannette
Jeannette  (Level: 111.1 - Posts: 1736)
Thu, 15th Apr '10 2:03 AM

Congrates on your granddaughter x .
the recent lose of her husband will be clouding your mum inlaws judgement
i pray she will take the right course hugs x

kimoira
Kimoira  (Level: 201.9 - Posts: 1190)
Thu, 15th Apr '10 4:33 AM

Bloggin' from the bassinet~ love it! She is precious. My thoughts are with you guys, you've had quite a roller coaster ride of late. It will work out in the end for you though.

slicko
Slicko  (Level: 223.9 - Posts: 1609)
Thu, 15th Apr '10 5:02 AM

You are all in our prayers (the newest and the oldest) - will send PM regarding surgery.

1mks
1mks  (Level: 211.0 - Posts: 5883)
Thu, 15th Apr '10 8:06 AM

Congratulations on that new granddaughter....she is precious. Sorry to hear about the lows in your life though. Hang in there, this too shall pass. Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

pepperdoc
Pepperdoc  (Level: 152.5 - Posts: 4286)
Thu, 15th Apr '10 8:17 AM

Congrats on the grandbaby. I know you're thrilled.

Hope your mother-in-law gets and pays attention to good medical advice. In time, she'll probably fear the surgery less than the alternative.

bbear
Bbear  (Level: 161.7 - Posts: 2301)
Fri, 16th Apr '10 7:23 PM

It sounds like Jim's mom has stabilized but still has a hole in her gut. Poor Jim is struggling to keep his brain above water.

aurorajadewolf.blogspot.com just happens to be the blog of the world's most beautiful baby.....

calamari
Calamari  (Level: 12.4 - Posts: 249)
Fri, 16th Apr '10 7:34 PM

Hang in there, Beth!

Here's a hug ... ><

mplaw51
Mplaw51  (Level: 179.5 - Posts: 1582)
Sat, 17th Apr '10 12:37 PM

You certainly have your hands full...the distance sure makes it more difficult. Congrats on the beautiful new addition and prayers for all of you that your m-in-l pulls through.

virtus
Virtus  (Level: 161.9 - Posts: 2459)
Sat, 17th Apr '10 8:31 PM

Congratulations on the new grandbaby. I know she is both precious and cherished. My thoughts an prayers go out to your family in this time of loss and also to Jim's mom.

Blessings to you all,
Anne

jeannette
Jeannette  (Level: 111.1 - Posts: 1736)
Sun, 18th Apr '10 11:49 AM

hugs from me too xx

pennwoman
Pennwoman  (Level: 155.2 - Posts: 2478)
Sun, 18th Apr '10 12:42 PM

Congrats on the new baby!, you are in my thoughts and prayers.


Pages:  1    



Copyright © 2003-2016 Sploofus Holdings LLC.  All rights reserved.
Legal Notice & Privacy Statement  |  Link to Sploofus