not signed in
NOTICE: Sploofus is closing May 31st.
Click here for more details
You are here:
The Salty Dog
View Chat Message
View Chat Message
Return to Forum
Post a Response
(Level: 221.1 - Posts: 5930)
Wed, 26th May '10 12:16 PM
JUST HOW OLD ARE YOU?
See if you can answer these without looking up the answers. I will post them later.
1. In the 1940s, where were automobile headlight dimmer switches located?
a. On the floor shift knob.
b.. On the floor board, to the left of the clutch.
c. Next to the horn.
2. The bottle top of a Royal Crown Cola bottle had holes in it. For what was it used?
a. Capture lightning bugs.
b. To sprinkle clothes before ironing.
c. Large salt shaker.
3.. Why was having milk delivered a problem in northern winters?
a. Cows got cold and wouldn't produce milk.
b. Ice on highways forced delivery by dog sled d.
c. Milkmen left deliveries outside of front doors and milk would freeze, expanding and pushing up the cardboard bottle top.
4. What was the popular chewing gum named for a game of chance?
5. What method did women use to look as if they were wearing stockings when none were available due to rationing during WW II.
b. Leg painting
c. Wearing slacks
6. What postwar car turned automotive design on its ear when you couldn't tell whether it was coming or going?
b. Nash Metro
7. Which was a popular candy when you were a kid?
a . Strips of dried peanut butter.
b... Chocolate licorice bars.
c. Wax coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water inside.
8. How was Butch wax used?
a. To stiffen a flat-top haircut so it stood up.
b. To make floors shiny and prevent scuffing.
c. On the wheels of roller skates to prevent rust.
9. Before inline skates, how did you keep your roller skates attached to your shoes?
a. With clamps, tightened by a skate key.
b. Woven straps that crossed the foot.
c. Long pieces of twine.
10. As a kid, what was considered the best way to reach a decision?
a. Consider all the facts.
b. Ask Mom.
11. What was the most dreaded disease in the 1940s and 1950s?
12. 'I'll be down to get you in a ________, Honey'
13. What was the name of Caroline Kennedy's pony?
a. Old Blue
14. What was a Duck-and-Cover Drill?
a. Part of the game of hide and seek.
b. What you did when your Mom called you in to do chores.
c. Hiding under y our desk, and covering your head with your arms in an A-bomb drill.
15. What was the name of the Indian Princess on the Howdy Doody show?
a.. Princess Summerfallwinterspring
b. Princess Sacajawea
c. Princess Moonshadow
16. What did all the really savvy students do when mimeographed tests were handed out in school?
a. Immediately sniffed the purple ink, as this was believed to get you high.
b. Made paper airplanes to see who could sail theirs out the window..
c. Wrote another pupil's name on the top, to avoid their failure.
17. Why did your Mom shop in stores that gave Green Stamps with purchases?
a. To keep you out of mischief by licking the backs, which tasted like bubble gum.
b. They could be put in special books and redeemed for various household items.
c. They were given to the kids to be used as stick-on tattoos.
18. Praise the Lord , & pass the _________?
19. What was the name of the singing group that made the song 'Cabdriver' a hit?
a. The Ink Spots
b. The Supremes
c. The Esquires
20. Who left his heart in San Francisco ?
a. Tony Bennett
b. Xavier Cugat
c.. George Gershwin
(Level: 169.2 - Posts: 61)
Wed, 26th May '10 1:23 PM
Old...VERY..Old! Thanks for the memories!
(Level: 250.3 - Posts: 3349)
Wed, 26th May '10 4:37 PM
They weren't mimeographed tests - they were rexographed tests. Used different solvents. So speaks the oooooollllllllllddddddddddd teacher.
Thanks for putting this up the day before a very depressing birthday number! I got 'em all right.
Signed - Older than dirt.
(Level: 162.6 - Posts: 5425)
Wed, 26th May '10 6:28 PM
only 1 I'm not sure of, because it involves TV and I didn't see a TV set until I was in 8th grade, maybe older.
(Level: 228.1 - Posts: 176)
Fri, 28th May '10 8:30 PM
Finally, a test I aced. I'd do a cartwheel, but my knees won't let me. Miriam
(Level: 136.2 - Posts: 21614)
Fri, 28th May '10 8:36 PM
I'm depressingly with Bird (Alice)
(Level: 213.0 - Posts: 5675)
Fri, 28th May '10 9:37 PM
I guess I'm older than dirt too as I knew them all too...LOL
(Level: 137.2 - Posts: 681)
Fri, 28th May '10 10:05 PM
happy to say I might have known a couple, and that's from hearsay
(Level: 171.0 - Posts: 2495)
Sat, 29th May '10 12:33 AM
Oh dear, I think I might have gotten an A as well
(Level: 174.4 - Posts: 2402)
Sat, 29th May '10 6:34 PM
How many DAYS old are you?
Feeling quite geriatric since I found out THAT!
Return to Forum
Post a Response
Players Online (8:04 PM EST)
VIEW ONLINE PLAYERS
= Online player
Copyright © 2003-2017 Sploofus Holdings LLC. All rights reserved.
Legal Notice & Privacy Statement
Link to Sploofus