You are not signed in (Login or Join Free)   |   Help
Sploofus Trivia
Trivia GamesCommunityLeaderboardsTournaments
NOTICE: Sploofus is closing May 31st.    Click here for more details

You are here:  Home  >>  Chat Forums  >>  Ask the Audience  >>  View Chat Message

View Chat Message

Pages:  1    

Postrophe  (Level: 147.1 - Posts: 16)
Mon, 30th Apr '07 9:25 PM


Does anyone know the name for words with medial capitals, like NotePad and MouseWorks?

Nickdanger  (Level: 164.7 - Posts: 62)
Mon, 30th Apr '07 10:13 PM

CamelCase... because the medial capital looks a little (a very little) like the hump of a camel.

Postrophe  (Level: 147.1 - Posts: 16)
Thu, 3rd May '07 1:07 AM

Sounds good to me, thanks Nick

Postrophe  (Level: 147.1 - Posts: 16)
Thu, 3rd May '07 1:10 AM

Yes, thanks again, Nick......Wiki turned up this:-

CamelCase, camel case or medial capitals is the practice of writing compound words or phrases in which the words are joined without spaces and are capitalized within the compound. The term's name comes from the uppercase "bumps" in the middle of the compound word, suggestive of the humps of a camel. An example is backColor.

There are many other names for this practice, including camelBack, BiCapitalization, InterCaps, InfixCaps, MixedCase, and PolyCaps. CamelCase is a standard identifier naming convention for several programming languages, and has become fashionable in marketing for names of products and companies. Outside these contexts, however, CamelCase is rarely used in formal written English, and most style guides recommend against it.

Pages:  1    

Copyright © 2003-2017 Sploofus Holdings LLC.  All rights reserved.
Legal Notice & Privacy Statement  |  Link to Sploofus